Saturday, May 2, 2009 Slight Update + Cloud WIP

(There's alot of blabber going on, so scroll down)

My apologies for not updating my progress with LeBlanc. Rest assured, I'm already working on the test build, final build and instructions so I can provide the release as soon as I can.

However, I have to admit... I'm also a bit distracted by building other paper craft models on the side. Oh, by the way, I learned something new just a couple of days ago. Lets just say, it deals with the matters of the heart.

I think I'll leave it as that.... for now.

Edit: May 3
Bleh.... might as well give in and reveal the next big ambitious project. Since I really need guidance on this one. I was actually inspired by Ninjatoes Kingdom Hearts Cloud model, to pursue other games other than FFX-2. Also coz I just learned how to extract models from Kingdom Hearts 3 days ago.
I need to learn 3d modeling and figure out how to actually pose him. If not, then......... Funny thing is, it's my summer vacation and yet I'm actually studying?! HAHAHAHA

Edit: 15mins later
After a few minutes of making that edit, I learned something new again! LOL

Edit: 36hrs later
Yes people, another edit. In case you're wondering why it's taking so long to release LeBlanc, I had to re-do the build process for her torso and arms, and I modified the template to compensate for those changes I made. I just hope it works out this time.
In other news....
I've just about started making some real progress with Cloud. To think, 36hrs ago I had no clue whatsoever on how I'm gonna tackle this new project. Cloud was in the default "T" pose, and now he has his left hand clenched into a fist, and both arms are resting on his sides!! It's all thanks to Kaizo and Ninjatoes for providing me tips on how to pose Cloud in 3DS that I've gotten this far. Thanks alot guys!!!!

That's all for now, it's going to be a really busy week and I have some more surprises for y'all... stay tuned!

Edit: 45hrs later.... bleh
Looks like I'm on a roll with this one. I'm still undecided on the actual pose... but this one... seems... rather familiar.... like I've seen this pose before. I just hope that all this posing and stuff would be feasible once he gets unfolded.... IF he's possible to be pepakurized, that is....

Edit: ++hrs later
Well, I've done what I can possibly do ATM with Cloud. Unfortunately, my complete lack of experience in dealing with such HIGH poly models such as this has made me realize I was aiming waaay beyond my own skills (Also coz Kaizo was kind enough to tell me that the model can't be built as it is). Sure it was fun to actually learn from 2 of the BEST paper crafters out there, but I still have a crapload to learn. I'll re-visit this model from time to time, whenever I learn something new, but for now, Cloud is on indefinite hold. Unless someone out there manages to work with KH2 Cloud.....

/me has gotten his butt whooped by Cloud

6 comments:

Kaizo said...

Gear heart?

Fezco said...

Kingdom Hearts actually....

I sent you an email a few minutes ago..... and funny thing is, I just learned something new again LOL

I'll edit the model and post an updated pic of what I actually learned doing. It ain't much, but it's a good step forward.

Kaizo said...

Yeah, realizing you need to fix something halfway through the build is...never fun. If I'm that far in, I'll usually just make it work for my testbuild, but alter the layout accordingly. This is why people do rushed testbuilds with simplified/no texture.

But those guys aren't manly men! We keep it real, waste all the ink we want!

Also: "It's all thanks to Kaizo and Ninjatoes for providing me tips on how to pose Cloud in 3DS that I've gotten this far. Thanks alot guys!!!!"

I'm fairly certain being both thanked for learning valuable knowledge, AND compared to one of my papercrafting heroes, as though I were on the same level as him, in the same sentence, is one of the most awesome things one can hear.

If I were getting paid for this stuff, I'd just declare Game Over.

I win life.

(thanks)

Kaizo said...

Dang son, that's better than any scratch pose I've ever done.

I think you just required me to step up my Balthier pose.

Fezco said...

wow... really? Being complimented on something I actually learned from you and Ninjatoes..... thank you.

Kaizo said...

You definitely didn't learn any of that from me. Now I have to step up my game or be outshined.