Friday, October 2, 2009 Project Update


Before anyone goes, "Jote doesn't have a staff!", I'm well aware of that, thank you.

Jote isn't a playable character, nor is she a guest character in the game either. However, lets just say she did become a guest character, that's how I'd imagine she would look like, and what weapon would best suit her, given she's the Elder of Eruyt Village. Staff of the Magi or Rod of Faith might be a good choice, of course I may change that depending on what I get for Mjrn (a sword maybe?). Seriously, if I'm gonna scratch pose character models, might as well make em customizable with weapons and shields to choose from. (still need to decide whether or not I'll give y'all the option to choose accessories)

So, basically what I'm saying is that once I'm done with the Moogle Family, I'm going to try out character models next. Starting off with NPC's would be a good way to start things off. As for the scale:


Jote standing right next to Momo would be 352mm (13.8in), which pretty much means I screwed up. My FFXII models are NOT in scale with Kaizo's Balthier model ;403mm (15.8in). So I'm left with the dilemma to either match my models with Balthier; making Jote at most 16-17in, and leaving the Moogles too short and out of scale, or just go ahead and stick to the scale I started with.

Crap....

Anyway, yeah... that's just about it really. Will update once I get my head straightened out. As for the remaining Moogles, will have them in a huge batch release as soon as I finish up on Monty.

2 comments:

Mr. K said...

Go with what you've got. Maybe you can do Balthier again, better than I did. Maybe I can just shrink mine. Whatever.

Fezco said...

There's no need for me to do another Balthier, your model already looks great as it is. It'll be a while before I finish up editing Jote in Sketchup, so plenty of time to figure out what to do with the scale.