Friday, August 28, 2009 Moogle Lineup

Well, I found as much reference material that I can use to pose the Moogle Family, although, I'm still missing Hurdy. The ones I've seen of Hurdy was a simple pose, his hands on his sides and he's looking up.... that's it. It's so plain looking that I'm not inclined to use that pose for a model. So, anyway... I'll prolly pose him from "scratch".. maybe that would be best.

Guess that's it.... the pose for the 5 members of the Moogle Family is final. It just boils down to who'll be the next Moogle that will get the paper treatment. So if you want to have your say on who's the next Moogle Release, you'll need to vote on my main page! Stay tuned!

PS: Nono is becoming my most favorite Moogle in the group.

Edit:
I'm pretty much into cleaning up and posing "The Moogles 6". So far I'm already done with the cleanup work and pose for Nono, which I'm quite pleased how he turned out. That's pretty much as close as I can get to the reference picture that I have. If I do anymore changes, the pieces might end up too small for a 7in model. This is set and ready for unfolding, however, I won't do that yet... I'll finish up every Moogle in the family, and whoever you guys choose, will end up being the next release. I don't want to release everyone in a single batch coz, that's just plain crazy.

So expect random updates this weekend, kupo. (what the.....)

Edit:
Hello there, kupo!

Had a bit of difficulty getting that pose for Sorbet, it's as close as I can get before having too many steep edges. Hopefully, if I build him without folding, meaning, giving him the smooth build look, then that wouldn't be an issue. Also found the Moogling Station, this will be an added "bonus" thing for Hurdy, Horne and Sorbet, completely optional. There's no need to build 3 Moogling Stations, just one would suffice, but that's up to you.
Soooo many ideas.... Soooo little time..... Just 2 hands to work with.... geez.... Till next barrage of updates!

10 comments:

Mr. K said...

Five? What about Gurdy? (the blue one)

Mr. K said...

Dammitall, just checked the reference material, which I should've done first. I meant Hurdy. Gurdy's the flying one.

Fezco said...

Yeah, well I don't like the pose Wiki has for Hurdy, tried googling for Hurdy and I still ended up with the same pose. I'm after the 3d rendered images, it's easier to base a pose from that since it's from in-game so I know he has an actual pose like that, but if it's like a hand drawn image, it's hard to figure out.

hmmm, I can prolly remove that moderate comments thing on this part of the blog

Fezco said...

ok, it ain't workin out the way I thought it would be. I need to open my email just to know someone left a comment in some post.. and then reply to that comment.

moderating comments will be back up... it's an easy way to get me alerted by comments.. oh wells -_-

Mr. K said...

Yeah, but you're not gonna cut him just because he doesn't have an interesting pose, right? I mean, come on...not like it has to be complicated.

Mr. K said...

If you need ideas, he's a bard in Tactics A2. Could work on some pose that features an instrument.

Fezco said...

Nah, Hurdy will be included that's for sure. I've looked through YouTube hoping to see him, but all I got was that clip after Yiazmat was defeated.

I'll just give him a simple pose, not too complicated but slightly better (hopefully) than the one on Wiki

Fezco said...

Oh, a bard eh? Does XII have any instruments? Don't recall seeing any.. will try that idea, sounds interesting

Mr. K said...

No, but you could use something from XI if you wanted. He comes with a guitar in Tactics though..I don't think any other games have used those.

Fezco said...

Ah, ok then. Guess I'll just stick to pose him from scratch then. I'll try to wing it and see if I can come up with a half decent pose for him. He'll be the last one I'll work on just so I have more time to tinker with the rest, might get some inspiration in the process.