
Finally, some progress shots of my Battleship project!
After weeks of procrastinating, I now have progress pics to show. The build went smoothly, everything went according to plan, especially how I predicted that the hull and deck would have a noticeable gap on the sides. Since the body of the model is composed of 3 components, I decided to try out a different method in building the left and right side of the hull just to test that "theory" of mine. (I'll not go into detail on how I did it.)
However, the area that would connect all 3 components together would be noticeable, but it will be covered up by various other parts so it won't be an issue in the end.
Anyway, as you can see from the progress pic above, the left/right cannon can be positioned however you wish. So best to try out various other positions before you decide to glue the cannons permanently into place.
Only painful and tedious part was actually building that small damn skull.... -_-

2 comments:
Nicely done. That looks great...Do you color the edges? And not that the pic is a great angle to see the gap in the center, but I wouldn't have noticed until you said something heh. It looks really good.
Yeah, I color the edges as much as possible. Sometimes the color matches, sometimes they don't. When they don't match, that's when I like it the most, coz it gives the model a slightly dirty look.. making it look more realistic than being all clean. That's just my taste.. soo, dunno.
Post a Comment